There is an enormous spider living in our tomato plant. He never moves. He just sits there, in his web, mysteriously growing bigger. I am a human, and I am intimidated by him. I look at the tomatoes nestled behind his web and think, “Those don’t look quite ripe yet. I’ll just wait for one more day.” If I were a bug, I would be absolutely terrified.
AAAAAAaAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............. The end.
ReplyDeleteI love your posts! I read a whole bunch of them...I'm so glad Camden is not in the "why" stage yet. I think I may tell him to just stop talking! Hmm...figure it out when it comes. Spiders, ROUS's, and walking babies, oh my! What adventures! Good luck with your goals. We recently buckled down and made Camden sleep in his big boy bed (Nate is going to need the crib--and sooner rather than later). Love you!
ReplyDeleteIf I were an animal, I would be a tomato guardian. Defending the peaceful borders of tomato utopias everywhere.
ReplyDeleteInteresting tidbit: this spider apparently lived at a neighbor's tomato garden for a few years. I think what happened is that this year our tomatos developed first and the tomato guardian said "look, there are tomatos! I must guard them!" Which is why he came to live with us.
Marci: Awesome. I totally agree.
ReplyDeleteMichelle: How's the big boy bed going?
B (the hubby): :)