21 October 2011

Five (Very Short) Things for Friday


1. Panic has set in.
I only thought it had set in last week. This week it has really set in. I have 11 days left to finish planning my story and somehow gear up to write 50,000 words next month. Am I insane? (Don’t answer that.)

2. How to stop the alien invasion.
I’ve been reading and studying about faith lately in the scriptures. What power comes from it! What strength and ability to do all things that the Lord requires and what your life requires. And—no small thing—joy in your efforts and pains and frustrations (hello, parenting). Hebrews chapter 11 is particularly full of beautiful things to say about faith—how it overcomes fear, teaches prophesy, and… stops the alien invasion. Really. Verse 34: “[Through faith they] turned to flight the armies of the aliens.” See? Told you.*

3. I’m running out of ideas.
Yep, I’ve gotten up to two ideas this morning and already my brain is frazzled. And actually, technically, since I started composing this in my brain last night, I haven’t come up with any ideas this morning. It’s looking to be a long day.

4. Brains for breakfast!
Brice is Running for His Life tomorrow (http://runforyourlives.com/). I sure hope he doesn’t come back a zombie.

5. Addra’s birthday pics.
Adorable one-year-old, enthusiastic three-year-old, wonderful daddy, happy mommy.

*Don’t worry. I do know that “aliens” are foreign conquerors, not little green men.

Really excited about the presents.



Coriel helped me wrap the presents.

And then she helped Addra unwrap and play with them.


Fun bowl from our neighbors Jim and Jean.

A Coriel burrito!

A mommy burrito/trampoline all in one!






She looks like she's crying, but she's actually giggling.

Awesome hair!

She loves jumping off of things.



Note the awesome birthday plate--I made it when I was eightish.


Coriel's photography.

5 comments:

  1. so adorable! happy birthday Addra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What delightful pictures! Thanks for letting me share in the fun. The girls are so big now, and you look very skinny! Cute hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love so many of these pictures! Addra holding her hands clasped together under her chin, Coriel's hair (WOW!), Addra's crooked smile, Mommy and Coriel burritos. And, yes, you do look very skinny! (Thanks, Joyce, for mentioning that, 'cause it reminded me that I wanted to mention that as well. Hope your mission is FANTASTIC!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all! I have about a gazillion more pics I've been meaning to post, but.... well, I'll get to them eventually!

    ReplyDelete