10 February 2013

Afternoon Tea



Fancy date! (This time with me and Brice!!) Brice and I got to go out to afternoon tea a couple weeks back, and it was fancy dancy. You get to pick your tea, and it comes out in little individual teapots. And… it looks like stuff. You know, like real stuff. Orange peel and rose hips and all sorts of cool jazz, all loose in the little tea sifter-y thingie (you can tell I’m really knowledgeable about tea accoutrements). I was excited to post a link to the tea I got (herbal, of course, called “rainbow herbal tea”), but the restaurant’s menu doesn’t list the herbals. Lame. And then there was this three-tiered tray with little sandwiches and tarts and pastries and all sorts of goodness. It was very fun and very fancy. (Very expensive, too, except that we got a groupon, which made it much cheaper.)

In case you were wondering, we did indeed sip with our pinkies out.

1 comment:

  1. How cool is this? Sounds awesome! I LOVE tea that actually looks like stuff. And I believe the words you want are, "tea ball". Nifty little gadgets. I'll bet Coriel was so proud of you, sipping with your pinkies out!

    ReplyDelete