Another small collection of amusing things Addra has said.
She has such strange diction for a tiny child, I think. It just makes us laugh.
I recognize that some of them are probably only funny to me and Brice, the
parents—and only because we were there for it. The rest of you will be looking
at me askance, thinking, “Another weird adoring parent sharing things that aren’t
even remotely funny to read. *Long-suffering sigh.*” To you I stick out my
tongue. And then I appease you by posting a bunch of photos of her at the end,
so even if my stories are dorky, the pictures will be cute.
Here we go:
“I want to wear my Dora shoes, because they is very special
to me.”
To Brice (a day or two after he shaved his head): “Let’s put
your eyebrows back on your head so that you can have more hair.”
Addra has a lot of imaginary friends and imaginary creatures
to take care of. All through dinner tonight she kept telling us she needed to
take some of the food to feed her animals in the other room. Then she’d wander
off (I know! we have terrible table manners), feed her animals, and come back
to tell us about it. Also, when we asked her tonight who we should invite to
her birthday party, the first person she said was “Lucy.” (Lucy does not
exist.)
She says things like “fortunately” and “unfortunately,” and
it just sounds so crazy and formal coming out of that little tiny body.
I told Addra I wanted to snuggle her to pieces, and she
said, “Silly, I’m not made of fabric. I’m made of skin. . . . Except my eyes.”
“What are your eyes made of?” I said.
“Um, glass.”
Aren't you jealous that I get to hang out with her all the time?
| Being excited about her crocodile pancake (yes, look closely, there's a crocodile drawn in there--thanks, D, for the idea of using a ketchup squirter for pancake batter!). |
| Coriel dressed her. |
| Coriel did her hair and makeup. That girl has a bright future in the fashion industry, yes? |
No comments:
Post a Comment