I got curious about the next blog link up there at the top - where did it go, what does it do? Are the blogs next door friendly or scary or dusty or up-to-date. So I clicked "next blog" a few times. Fun! Diverting! But then - got to a blog with no "next blog" button. Grrr! I spit on your layout thecre8ive. Ptui!
Also, I have to side-track for a bit to talk about single vs. double quotes. When quoting a word or phrase, use double quotes - it's just that simple. Single quotes are for contractions and possesives. But woe is me. When I spend too much time writing SQL queries, I start using single quotes when I quote things. (straight quotes, not smart quotes since the smart quotes don't work. In Sqldeveloper you have to specify exact strings (aka quote things) using single quotes or things break). Oh how the somewhat proficient editor has fallen.
You could always pretend to be British! (Oh, and speaking of cursing quotes--the picture captions on our blog don't allow smart quotes. Woe is me too!)
ReplyDeleteOr at least old school British. http://grammartips.homestead.com/quotationmarks.html
ReplyDeleteIsn't my hubby shiny and geeky and nifty all at the same time?
ReplyDeleteit has been quite entertaining to read from him this week...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder about quotes, Brice. :-) You know how you said that you felt like so many of the conference talks were directed to you? Well, I feel that way about this post! Heehee... Yes, I will take it as scripture... heehee...
ReplyDelete