30 September 2012

Not Off the Face of the Planet





Contrary to public evidence on this blog, we are not dead. We have not fallen in any black holes recently. My fingers have not been chewed off by rabid squirrels. There is only one key missing from my computer keyboard (the “s”), and it is still possible to type without it. So essentially life has, in fact, been continuing along for our little family. You just haven’t been hearing about it.

We’ve actually been up to excessive amounts of stuff. We’re talking big stuff here, people. Coriel has been going to preschool. Addra is learning to say important words like “money” and “shoes” and “banana.” Brice has been going to work conferences and schmoozing. I have been alternately working on my novel and panicking because I’m not working on my novel. We’ve been avoiding weeding our garden. We’ve been traveling—to Utah, to Guatemala, to Texas (that last one was just Brice). We’ve even been doing laundry!

I’d like to say that I will neatly arrange everything into well-organized and chronological blog posts for you to see and read about. But that would be a lie. If I do that, I will never EVER get any of it written. So here’s what we’re gonna do instead: I’m going to randomly write up bits and pieces of our last few weeks, with little to no order or sense to it. And I will post it whenever I feel like it. You can love it or hate it or ignore it.

So there.

And just to prove exactly how randomly all of this blog posting is going to take place,
I'll start with this picture. Pongo and Perdita out on a date.

Coriel being fancy. Again.
If you can't tell, Addra is wearing at least three outfits here. Coriel helped her dress.


2 comments:

  1. love the outfits / makeup -- looking forward to a draft of the novel :) -- btw, I love the top picture of you guys, is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Coriel's creativeness. Awesome to see that Addra is also in the game, not to be outdone by her big sis! So glad that Pongo and Perdita got to go on a date!

    ReplyDelete