Hey, all. It is November. I am hereby forbidden from blogging, emailing, and Facebooking* until I get my daily writing done (thankfully, I have finished my required word count for the day). So you will not be hearing from me much. In the meantime, here is your friendly reminder to do something awesome this month.
I may or may not be checking in, but do not count on it!** :)
*We have made up an official term for this: no beffing (Blog, Email, Facebook).
**Have you noticed all the awkward use of no contractions in this post? It is because I do not want to bother with fixing the smartquotes. Someday I may get over my smartquote psychosis. But probably not.
what's the smartquote issue? I don't see anything weird with my contractions?
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm just a total geek. See, when you type apostrophes or quotation marks straight into blogger, it comes out as a "straight quote" instead of a "curly quote" or "smartquote." But if I type it in a word document and paste it in, I get curly quotes. So I was just saying that I was avoiding all use of apostrophes so that I didn't have to look at straight quotes, which are not as cute or pretty as curly quotes. Did I mention I'm a geek?
Delete