We were eating dinner. My older daughter didn't want to try any of the delicious crock-pot curry chicken divan that my amazing wife made. So she lost a token (try two bites of a new food, get a token. Avoid eating two bites of a new food, lose a token. Get ten tokens, we get to go out to Double T Diner together). My other daughter also didn't want to eat the rice. But she was gobbling up the rest of her food. All was normal at the Stay household. Then my younger daughter stood up on her chair and said very loudly "I HAVE NO POWER". We all glanced at each other to see if there was something we were missing (we weren't). So we looked at her. She looked back and smiled. So we all had a good laugh. Both daughters were happy and laughing, so it didn't seem to have been a true protest about her relative lack of self-autonomy. It was just one of those random and wonderful things.
The point of this story is that even if you have no power, you can still be happy. Today I'm going to work on embracing that idea as I go to my fairly powerless basement-dwelling job : )
I think my kids feel the same way sometimes. :) Great story! Your kids are so darn cute! I love sharing the funny, silly, adorable things they say and do with my kids. They just laugh and laugh. Can't wait to see you all soon!
ReplyDelete