15 August 2016

That one time I gave blood

So, every once in a while, I tell someone this story about how I donated blood and the lady was maybe concerned she'd hit an artery because it flowed so fast (apparently there's a minimum flow rate, and if it's faster than that, they have to be careful and make sure everything's okay--I was barely slower than that). However, everything seemed fine, so she gave me what I assumed were the usual discharge instructions and I went home. And I followed them. And I ended up with this super awesome bruising that extended from halfway up my upper arm down to my wrist. I had extremely limited movement for a couple of weeks from all the bruising. It was really all very funny.

And I think that probably the people listening to my story think I'm exaggerating. Because that's pretty crazy, right?

Well, recently I rediscovered the picture we took. I think this may have been after the bruising started going back down. See?

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment