14 January 2018

Week #2 Review

Week #2 Review

Hey, look at that! Two weeks in a row! Again, in no way is this going to continue. Stop your crazy thinking right there.

This week has been a bit more ho-hum overall, but here are a few highlights.

The most fun thing is that Brice attended a pre-release party for the Magic: The Gathering Ixalan set. He got to go at midnight and play cards for four hours-ish and just have fun.

The most exciting and life-changing thing for our family is that all four children love to sleep together—and Ammon slept through the entire night three of the last four nights (the other night, he only woke once, briefly, and once I settled him down, he went back to sleep). This really is life-changing stuff. For a lot of reasons, none of our children have easily slept for long stretches as babies. And that has been fine, up to a point, but we’re so happy to see that he is growing to love sleeping with the siblings.*

We also rearranged a lot of furniture! You know how much I love rearranging furniture! This time it was in the conservatory (which is just our fancy and completely incorrect name for the third bedroom). This is where the kids have taken to sleeping, but it was just jammed with junk and furniture (ever since we had to move everything out of the living room and I discovered how much happier I was with very little stuff in the living room). But now it’s looking much better.

Also, I hung curtain set #3 of 4. And it turns out my DIY skills are even worse than I realized. It was not my favorite experience ever, and it’s possible I cried. But hey, at least I did my math right when deciding spacing of curtain clips. And also, it’s done. Now onto set #4...

We’re doing a 31-day read-aloud challenge where Coriel, Addra, and I each read aloud for ten minutes. It has been good motivation and practice for Addra—I can already see that she is improving in her skills. She’s our little daydreamer, though; she’d definitely prefer to be read to instead of doing the reading. Still, she’s doing great. (Coriel and I don’t actually need the practice, but it’s a good reminder to me to actually spend time reading picture books with the boys instead of just listening to longer books with the kids.)

Brice and I are both learning Italian using Duolingo. He’s way ahead of me. I’m still back here saying things like, “Io scrivo un libro” (at least it’s semi-true?).

We started up co-op again. It was good and fun to be back. There were also martial arts, babysitting, and a branch potluck. Overall, a nice week. I feel so very blessed to have this life that we live. Even when things are rough, we have each other’s love and the love of the Lord, so I’d say the balance is strongly on the side of life being awesome.

P.S. No pics at the moment. Because reasons.



* This whole topic of sleep is maybe something I’ll write about in greater detail at some point, though I’m likely to offend or annoy or cause eye-rolling in probably every single person who reads it, so ... maybe not?

No comments:

Post a Comment