![]() |
| Look, I know there's a foreign language caption here. Just ignore it and focus on Christ with the children. :) |
I appreciate that quality so much—I appreciate
knowing that our Heavenly Parents care about me and have patience and mercy
toward me. And I have witnessed in my own life that when I try to take this
divine quality into my life, my relationships are improved, my entire outlook
is improved, and I feel a greater love for those around me.
·
Relating to people individually—reaching
people where they are; “he speaketh unto men according to their language, unto
their understanding” (2 Ne. 31:3).
·
Seeing good in others, even when they are
behaving badly (Mos. 9:1)—“when I saw that which was good among [the Lamanites]
I was desirous that they should not be destroyed.”
·
Joy in others’ good qualities—“I... do
rejoice in the greatness of your heart” (Alma 61:9).
·
Understanding, looking beyond
differences to more important matters—“now, in your epistle you have
censured me, but it mattereth not; I am not angry” (Alma 61:9). What a great
example of moving on and focusing on what matters.
·
Ability to love, to have unity and no
contention—“there was no contention in the land, because of the love of God
which did dwell in the hearts of the people” (4 Ne. 1:15). And note, it’s not
that everyone is exactly alike and thinks alike. It’s because of their love
for one another.
·
Leading others to God—“Moroni... had been
preparing the minds of the people to be faithful unto the Lord their God” (Alma
48:7). I couldn’t figure out exactly how to characterize this, but it feels
like a trait that comes from our Heavenly Parents.
·
Teaching—he “caused that they should be
taught...that thereby they might become men of understanding” (Mos. 1:2).
·
Justice (Mos. 5:15)
·
Mercy (Mos. 5:15, Alma 19:29, 3 Ne. 28:32)
·
Patience (Mos. 24:16, 3 Ne. 28:32).
·
Forgiveness—“as often as my people repent
will I forgive them” (Mos. 26:30; see also 3 Ne. 28:32, Alma 61:9).
·
Equality, fairness—the judgments of God
come upon all nations (2 Ne. 25:3).
·
Giving credit where it’s due—“I will not
boat of myself, but I will boast of my God” (Alma 26:12)
·
Service/helping others—“he delighted in
the saving of his people from destruction” (Alma 55:19); helping in various
ways—comforting them, giving substance, feeding hungry (Alma 4:13–14; see also
Mos. 5:15).
·
Compassion, empathy—“willing to mourn
with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort”
(Mos. 18:9; also Eth. 1:35, Mos. 9:1).
·
A deep capacity for love and concern over
the souls of those you love—“I desire that ye should remember to observe the
statues...of the Lord;...this hath been the anxiety of my soul from the
beginning” (2 Ne. 1:16).

No comments:
Post a Comment