05 June 2009

Self-motivation

If you happen to be terribly efficient at work and finish your tasks early, what do you do?

My last two years of being in school and working have taught me to get more done at work out of necessity. That means I sometimes find myself with all my tasks done (gasp!) Most recently, I've been thinking about ways to get more info from customers, so today I put together a customer questionnaire that we could send out. I'm waiting to see if my boss likes the idea.
- edit: He liked it, but it looks like the SEs don't think the customers will fill it out, so it's a no-go.

In related news, I am a fan of the the "Results only work environment" methodology (measure productivity rather than just counting hours at work). If/when it gains more traction, it would improve efficiency and lead to more one-offs like this project. Even when they don't work right away, they may work out later. I hope the idea eventually gains ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment