So, here’s something I hadn’t thought to consider when I made my goal to Write a Weekly Blog. What will I do when I’m not feeling peppy or perky? Or pretty much any adjective that is generally applied to a cheerleader?
It turns out that what I do is stall a whole lot (as if I didn’t stall enough already). Then I write the blog post based on how lousy, curmudgeonly, and all-round dreadful I’m feeling. And then, instead of posting that one, I post a story about Princess Lolly.
...
Version #1 of the rest of this blog post was a neurotic, obsessive-compulsive, lengthy analysis of Why I Write a Blog.
Version #2 (thankfully composed solely in my mind) was a sort of whimpering sad-puppy plea for sympathy about the whimpering sad-puppyness of my plea (sound a little self-reflexive?).
Version #3, discarded almost before it began, was actually a description of why I was in a lousy mood.
In version #4, I said, “Well, I had a lousy week. I wrote a wretched blog post at the time. It sounds depressed and perhaps a little pathetic (it is). It sounds a bit overwhelmed (it was). It also sounds like the weather was hot (yup). Don’t worry, our air conditioner is still working, and I have not officially packed my whole family up to live in a cave somewhere (but do not think it wasn’t contemplated). And now for the real thing.” (And here, of course, I posted last week’s original entry.)
This is version #5, in which I say, “I’m still not willing to post it. So there.”
No comments:
Post a Comment