Here!
Enjoy some random updates!
Coriel:
Today
we were working on wrapping presents for a secret Santa gift, and Coriel was
being very helpful with the wrapping. When we got done, she went into her room
and came back out with her savings jar. She wanted to open it and give her
savings to the person we were wrapping presents for. Both Brice and I teared up
a little to watch her divvy out all the quarters in the jar (they added up to
about four dollars), leaving herself just a dime and a few pennies—all so the
person she gave them to “can have enough food and so they can buy a house.” She
is such a generous example to us, always wanting to give gifts to others and
share the things we have.
During
dinner this week, Brice and I were talking about rescheduling something. Coriel
was eating a piece of pizza at the time and said in a sassy tone (it’s hard to
explain, and it’s just not going to translate well onto paper), “My mouth just
rescheduled that pizza.” Trust me, it was pretty funny.
Addra:
She
seems to have a very rich imaginative life these days. She spends a lot of time
roaming around the house taking care of animals that aren’t there, telling
Swiper not to swipe things (Dora the Explorer reference), being a kitty cat, and
feeding stuffed animals pretend food (she’s actually started occasionally
requesting that we give her “real food,” to differentiate it from the pretend
kind). One day while Coriel and I were sitting in the middle of the living room
playing with something, she came crawling around the room chattering
nonsensically. Then she started naming off animals and roaring like them. So, “Bear,”
crawl crawl crawl, lunge and “roar!” Then, “Lion,” crawl crawl, etc. She seemed
to be enacting some sort of increasingly elaborate and tense adventure scene
because the roars got louder and more concerned, and she became increasingly
intense about the whole thing. I have no idea what was going on, but I get the
feeling that she was being very protective of the imaginary animals in the
room. (P.S. Yes, Addra does love running
and walking and such; the crawling was just so she could be an animal.)
Jeanna:
Panelist!
Add it to my word geek list, people! Another word that uses each finger only
once when typed on a QWERTY keyboard.
Brice:
A
couple weeks ago, Brice ran his own personal triathlon at the gym (interrupted
briefly by making a couple calls for his executive secretary calling in the
Church). Twelve-mile bike, 800-meter swim, 3-mile run in 1:26 (including the
calls). Brice mentions this is “super slow, but not for me; for me, it was
happy.” Good work, shiny man!
Very cute -- i think I got the rescheduled pizza thing (or I found it funny a different way at the least :) I was just pretending to be a dog earlier today myself. Ian thought it was hilarious :)
ReplyDeleteI am regularly a horse, too. And a giraffe, for some reason. The things we do for our kids...
Delete