06 January 2016

Other Blogs Recap


Once again, I have been not writing here forever. And I’ve been writing at my other blogs only slightly more. Sigh. I am once again having to reevaluate what I really want from this blog and what its purpose is. It’s sort of an ongoing thing. In the meantime, let’s cut out all the angst and move straight to the blog post, in which I direct you to a whole bunch of other blog posts over at MMW and Callooh Callay Callay (seriously, I’m recapping favorites from the past two years, so it’s a bunch). Just in case you missed all my riveting words there.

I tried cutting some of these out, because it’s really far too many links for anyone who doesn’t have wacky, crazy-long attention abilities, but these are all things I would have shared here if I hadn’t shared on the other blogs. They are all personal and meaningful to me at least. So please feel free to pick and choose. Or don’t read any of them at all, but then still post a comment here saying something like, “Oh, Jeanna. You are so magical. Pretty much your every word has changed my life. Thank you for being so practically perfect in every way. Sincerely, Your Biggest Fan.”


So, without further ado (and in reverse chronological order) . . .

In Which I Brag (Just a Little). Where I talk briefly about the writing project that I did for my and Brice’s foos and share my little happy dancing over how it turned out.

Acts of God. Really, if you only read one, probably read this one. It’s where I talk a little more about this pregnancy.

Was It You? Also, you should read this one. It’s where I announced this pregnancy. Also, it’s a true story.

Author and Finisher, A Houseful of Marshmallows, InfinityTimes Infinity. A number of my thoughts from reading and thinking about the scriptures and trying to apply them to my life.

The Elizabeth Bennets. Okay, you can actually probably skip this one. I only included it as a favorite because I enjoyed my own footnotes and also because I made fun of pretty much every Austen novel (even though I love Austen).

She Was Good at Apologies. Musings on being an imperfect mom and what I hope my children learn from me.

A Thought on Pain. How we can perhaps look at pain differently.

You’d Be Surprised. How sometimes we really just have to open our mouths about the experiences we’re having—we’re rarely alone, and there are often lots of people out there who care about us and want to help.

PPD and Me. Talking about some of my postpartum days after Koa was born.

Half a Talent. How we really shouldn’t compare ourselves to others—especially the sheep-raising, farming types.

The Killer What If? Life rarely gives us only one opportunity for something. If you miss an opportunity, move on and try to be ready for the next.

Perspective Shift. What I learned from having our house broken into.


No comments:

Post a Comment