03 January 2016

2015: A Brief Recap




Happy 2016! Our 2015 was pretty great, with the obligatory bad parts too—but overall, really wonderful. We have been very blessed. Highlights?

Our tenth anniversary, which we celebrated by taking all of us on a cruise. It was great fun, and we gained the obligatory several pounds (at least I did), but in the end we decided we’re not really cruise people. We’ll do it occasionally maybe but not really go out of our way for it. I had a giant blog post planned about this vacation, and I was so very funny in it. Just imagine me being hilarious and entertaining. There you go.

Koa developed all sorts of great abilities, and also many more teeth. You know, he learned the whole crawling, walking, running, babbling (though not really officially talking yet), eating all sorts of food, etc. The fun thing about the baby stage is just how many awesome accomplishments they check off in these first couple years. So 2015 was a big year for him.

Our stake was reorganized, so we and a few other families got moved out of the Glen Burnie Ward to the Brooklyn Park Branch. It has been quite an adjustment, but we have faith that this was what God wanted in this little corner of His church.

I, of course, got pregnant. Yay! And in case we didn’t mention it to you yet, we’re having a boy. And please don’t make some comment about, “Oh good, now Koa will have a friend.” Because then I will be tempted to shake my fist at you. Strangely, I have noticed that it’s possible for boys and girls, brothers and sisters, to be friends with each other! Shocking! My very best friend growing up was my older brother. While of course I hope Koa is awesome friends with his little brother, I also hope that all of the siblings will continue to get along in reasonable sibling fashion, regardless of gender. (Yikes, that turned into a soapbox! Whoops!)

I think probably the biggest and most exciting event of last year was Coriel’s baptism into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We are so proud of her for making this decision, and I continue to be amazed by what a great person she is. Honestly, I could gush forever. I’m just so happy she’s my kid and that she’s growing up to be such a lovely, wonderful young woman.

That was a very broad recap, and it left out all sorts of wonderful things from the previous year—things like my book club friends, homeschool and co-op, Brice’s runs, Addra’s fabulous fashion, and so many other things. But it’s the best I can do at the moment.

Stay tuned soon for a post in which I link to and recap a few of my favorite and/or important posts from the MMW blog I write at. I’ve been meaning to do that forever, in case you don’t follow me there, and now I’m finally going to get around to it.

In the meantime, much love to you, my biggest fans. AKA, my friends and foo who are too polite to just ignore me. Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Who would want to ignore you? :) Ok fine, I guess I'm proof since I'm terrible at keeping in touch with you. But I love your updates! Some day I hope to visit you. Miss you dude and your awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too, Sariah! And come visit anytime.

      Delete
  2. Who would want to ignore you? :) Ok fine, I guess I'm proof since I'm terrible at keeping in touch with you. But I love your updates! Some day I hope to visit you. Miss you dude and your awesome family!

    ReplyDelete