13 May 2016

Maternity-ish Photos



I started writing out a big long explanation about how I don’t have many pregnant photos where I feel like I look both pregnant and cute, and how my photography skills are mediocre, blah blah blah, but I decided that was going to be long and ridiculous. So the short version is what you just read. Plus these items:

1. I have a friend who is a fabulous photographer.
2. I love our cherry tree.
3. I have an awesome husband, and we have awesome kids. They really need to be documented more.
4. While I think maternity photos are lovely, I can never imagine me taking myself seriously in them. So even while we were doing more “traditional” maternity shots, I was trying not to burst into hysterical laughter. Yes, people, that’s not me looking serene and maternal. That’s me trying to hold in my giggles while she took the shot.

And now, without further ado, a bajillion maternity photos and super cute pics of the rest of my family.

She's getting so old! Weird.



I love how much they love each other. All this laughing and playing together--it isn't fake. They really do like to be together. It makes me feel all happy and squishy inside.

I have mostly stopped trying to control what the girls wear for photos, but they managed to coordinate relatively well while still being very uniquely them (Addra is, after all, wearing a leotard over a t-shirt and her pants).





Koa just woke up from a nap, so it was very nice of him to humor us.






All he really wanted was Brice. Hence the change in family positions a few shots later.


Just before Koa freaked out because I was still holding him.


"Ah, much better," Koa says. Also, my tired arms might not have objected too much. :)


How I look on the outside.
How I feel on the inside.



A millisecond before I start laughing like a hyena.


Brice is so much more of a natural at looking awesome and handsome and serious and loving in photos. He took to this just fine, knowing exactly what to do, while I was still feeling ridiculous.

Plus, I can't complain when this is what he decides to do. :)

Please also note how cute my hair is. That one time. And never again since. Even though it only takes about seven minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment