18 June 2017

Squirrel Antics

We have a bird feeder that the squirrels had started getting to, so we moved it higher up the window in the hopes that no squirrels would be able to find a way to reach it anymore. Then, a couple days ago, I heard a thud, so I ran out to the kitchen to see what had happened. This is what I saw. (The bird feeder itself had been knocked to the ground.)





The poor squirrel was breathing hard and clearly freaking out, thinking, "Why do I always get myself into these messes? What am I going to do now?"



A minute later, his last claw slipped, and he fell some more. This time, oh joy, he caught himself by sinking all his toes into the formerly lovely mesh of our screen window. But again, he was stuck. Another few moments, and he slipped and fell the last few feet to the ground. Obviously he wasn't hurt, but I sure hope it teaches him to avoid our bird feeder from now on!

1 comment:

  1. lol, I think he's more likely to have learned that persistence pays off :)

    ReplyDelete