26 May 2011

Messages on the Mirror


Yesterday morning, I woke up, went into the bathroom, looked in the mirror, and grimaced. But once I stopped wincing at my glamorous hairstyle, I read these words, written in window crayon, on the mirror:

“I recommend trying some bok choy,
It’s tender and may bring you great joy.”
Amazingly coy,
She poured in the soy.
“I only use cabbage, my dear boy.”

It was designated as a poem of our early culinary adventures together.*

My husband leaves me silly poems, brings me flowers, and even sometimes sends me cards in the mail—for no reason at all. Just because. What a catch!** *** **** *****

*Please note: I still prefer cabbage, and he still prefers bok choy. But he has converted me from milk chocolate to dark chocolate. Which just goes to show you that marriage can change a person.
**He is also fun and silly and an awesome daddy. And a good provider too. And smart. And not intimidated by me when I am smart. And… et cetera, et cetera.
***But all you other girls, you don’t need to be too jealous. He also makes lots of random, incomprehensible noises instead of speaking words. And he doesn’t put away his shoes. And… well, I’m sure there’s something else.
****I must also mention that window crayons are pretty cool too.
*****How awesome is it that my footnotes are almost as long as the actual blog post?

No comments:

Post a Comment