Recently a small lemon made its way into our home and was quickly elevated to Favorite Toy for a few days. That’s right. A lemon. My three-year-old snuggled it in with her animals, carried it around with her, and almost had a meltdown once when I wanted to take it away. But most of all she also used it as a hammer.
My seven-month-old’s favorite item to chew on* is an el-cheapo checkbook cover. Stuffed animals? They’re okay. Teethers? Meh. But checkbooks? Yum. And my cell phone. And membership or credit cards. And coasters. Oh, and also spoons. I have taken to keeping one in my purse for emergencies.
So it’s a good thing we try to buy toys that the hubby and I will enjoy. That way, we can play with the toy and the kiddos can play with the box.
*Besides any scraps of junk lying on the floor that would have been vacuumed up if I were a better housekeeper; she’ll always go for those first.
No comments:
Post a Comment