07 June 2012

The First Curry of the Growing Season



The day has arrived, my friends. This week we celebrated the first curry of the growing season. Our first two zucchinis came off the bush (already!) and one went immediately into the curry. By the end of the summer, I’m hoping our curries will also include carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, yellow squash, zucchinis, and maybe even green and red peppers from the garden. Wouldn’t that be shiny?

You will think I sound like some amazing gardener with mad skills. My life must be so put together since I’m growing such a fabulous veggie garden. Um, no. Will it help if I send you a picture of the top of my dresser? Or the box full of papers I keep meaning to file? Or, heaven forbid, the undone items on my to-do list?

But this post is not about me. This post is about curry and its sheer awesomeness and our celebration of its existence. I think we are going to make this into an annual Stay family holiday.

So let’s all take a moment to be grateful for the gift of curry and veg from the garden. Yum.

P.S. You can only do so much to convince your average four-year-old that curry is not an abomination. In our case, that is not enough. So we settle for convincing her to try a bite. Sometimes with her nose plugged. In the last picture here, Addra (ever wanting to be like her older sister) is attempting to plug her nose too. Good times. 

P.P.S. I'm sure that if I had mad skills, I would be able to convince the html in this ridiculous blog post to not randomly change the font type at the drop of a hat. But I don't.

P.P.P.S. And please, let's not even mention the curly quotes again. It's getting a little OCD, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Yuu uuu uuu uuu uummmm! Missing curry... :-( Totally jealous of your garden goodies!

    And what the heck are "smart quotes"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart quotes are also called curly quotes. Look at the apostrophes in the "P.S." section, and then look at the apostrophe in the last paragraph before the "P.S."s. See how that apostrophe curves and the others are straight? That one's a smart/curly quote. Smart quotes are waaaaaay better. So say I.

      Delete