17 June 2012

Manna from Heaven (AKA Oatmeal Waffles)


Okay, I am not usually one who posts recipes (probably because I don’t cook much, but that’s a whole different issue). But yesterday I decided we needed some waffles, so I tried out a waffle recipe with oatmeal in it. (Exhibit A for How Rarely I Cook: In the almost two years we’ve lived here, this was the first time I used the waffle maker.)

Yum.

I know if I’ll ever want to make a different kind of waffle again. And suddenly I think our waffle maker may get a lot more use.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside. In small mixing bowl, stir together eggs, milk, butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture; stir until blended. Pour batter on to grids of preheated, lightly greased waffle iron (amount will vary with size of waffle iron). Close lid quickly; do not open during baking. Use fork to remove baked waffle. Top with fresh fruit and yogurt.

*Recipe slightly modified from the version on allrecipes.

4 comments:

  1. Yum! We are definitely going to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm! Sounds tasty. Gonna have to try these (with modifications for my craziness, of course...) Posting a recipe = very impressive. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh! These are soooo tasty! Everyone should try these! Yes, EVERYONE! They are soooo tasty! (Yeah, I said that once, but it's true, so I repeated it.) Thanks so much for the recipe, Jeanna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them! We just made them again this week and I was still *sigh* so happy with them. :)

      Delete