I’m not sure why, but the moment I get in a car for a long trip, my bladder becomes the size of a teaspoon.
We have stopped for more bathroom trips for me than for
Coriel (only two so far, but I’m sure there will be more). Just now, in fact, we
stopped in a very nice pharmacy somewhere in North Carolina with a lovely bathroom. (I
have long and boring thoughts on the subject of different grades of rest stop
bathrooms; suffice it to say this was the kind that doesn’t make you wish for a
hazmat suit.) The décor in the bathroom was interesting. Framed artwork
featuring… medication. (I would really like to post a pic, but since I took the pic from my phone and I am completely inept at using that technology, I cannot figure out how to get it from phone to compy to blog. I am sure you will survive your devastation at missing this fine artwork.)
We’re on the road again, and we just passed a gas station
called the “Three-Way
Food Mart.” We couldn’t help but wonder: Three ways of what? My theory was
there were three ways their food could enter or exit your body. Brice suggested
maybe it was served three ways. Hot, cold, and in a wrap? Canned, boxed, or bagged? Alas, we have long since passed it (by now,
since I’ve been typing for a couple minutes), and we shall never know.
We also stopped for breakfast in the city of Emporia. We did not,
however, witness a large number of variety stores.
We shall have to see what happens next...
(12:20 p.m.)
Did I mention that at our first stop, I had to pee twice?
Now lunch has come and gone, and so has pee #5.* At what
point have you talked too much about peeing in one blog post?** We might find
out today.
Were you aware that you can now order avocado at Subway?
Avocado! What a wonderful world we live in.
Other notable towns we’ve passed through on this trip: Micro
and Gore.
Happily, Addra is napping again and Coriel is occupied by
movie #3 (hey, don’t judge; portable DVD players are a boon of modern society).
And just now, Brice pointed out the window to the right and said, “I believe
that those are tobacco plants.” And I said, “Neat.” And the miles keep rolling
by…
(2:53 p.m.)
Ooh, I just remembered! There was this exciting moment
earlier when we had stopped because Addra was having a screaming fit. Brice got
out of the car with her, and I opened my door a bit. Then when they came back
and we started going again, pealing out of this empty parking lot in a nice
tight u-turn, my door flew open and my Kindle jumped out. Fortunately neither
the computer in my lap nor I jumped out with it.
(2:59, although the incident was sort of around 10:30ish)
Brice is sitting beside me with an unopened stick of Orbit
gum hanging out of his mouth like he’s a lawless tough from some surrealist
spaghetti western. He has just informed our GPS, “I’ll never follow your
instructions, tyrant!”
We’re almost there.
(3:27 p.m.)
We made it. Stay tuned someday for more about our trip!
*I should also point
out, definitively, to those of you who are wondering: No, I am not pregnant.
**If you are sister K
or my Dad you already think I have talked about it too much. But I think we
still have a while to go.
Never too much pee talk. Not for a woman who was pregnant not too long ago. and i did so enjoy this post! I think I would like a roadtrip with Jeanna. :)
ReplyDelete