Coriel has taken to trying to sound out all the words she
sees, thinks, hears, notices in any way. It’s fun to see, and she comes up with
some pretty fabulous stuff. A few days ago she sent me this email from my email
account (yes, an email to me from me):
dear mom ples km to th TPOTE LOZ
Translation: Dear Mom, Please come to the tea party. … Love
Isn’t she marvelous?
So, below is a picture of her rendition of a well-known
Latter-day Saint hymn. Can you guess it? (I confess, I don’t think I’d be able
to tell if I hadn’t listened to her singing it as she went along.) I will give
you a few clues.
- Her letter “v” often becomes an “s” or a “z.”
- It’s a short hymn.
- The most coherent sections are the very beginning and the second half of the third line. Most of the stuff in the middle is sort of, um, garbled.
- The part in the different colored ink isn’t part of the song. Although you really should be able to tell what most of those words are.
Any guesses?
Love One Another? Brian and I made a joint effort. I'm impressed!
ReplyDeleteGonna have to say "Love One Another" as well! The "if he as" gave it away. Give Coriel a big hug from her favorite Aunt Marneen! What a big girl!
ReplyDeletePart of me wants to say, "Nice try, everyone, but no! It was actually 'High on a Mountain Top'" (or is it "the" mountain top?). But that would not be true; it was "Love One Another." Good work, all!
ReplyDeleteI got Love One Another as well! Nicely done Miss Coriel - she is a great writer! Like her mommy - I happen to be the proud owner of a card that says "fell bedr" - made my day!!!!
ReplyDeleteprodigy
ReplyDelete