13 June 2013

Thor's day

It's been an intermittently stormy Thor's Day / Thursday here today, which I guess makes sense. There was a tornado ~15 miles from our house today, which is a new occurrence for me. I'm grateful we're all safe and that it didn't come any closer. It was reportedly moving at ~50 mph, so it could have zoomed on over relatively quickly. Interestingly, all of the storminess was in the middle of the day. When I went to work it was very nice. When I came home it was cool and refreshing. And from my basement cubicle I can't see anything, so it was weird to have tornado warnings when my mental perspective was that it was a really nice day.

As you may know, vaguely remember, or intuitively predict, we love Peaches Melba. *drool*. Tonight we tried blending up some canned peaches with some frozen raspberries and a splash of vanilla to try to reproduce the effect in a smoothy. It was tasty, but still not quite right. We'll keep experimenting and let you know. J also made breadsticks using canned pizza dough that we weren't going to get around to making into a pizza. Just roll it out, slice it in strips, sprinkle some seasonings on it, and bake! Then we dipped them in oil and balsamic vinegar with more herbs in it, which was fantastic. Super easy. C helped a bunch with the prep, which makes us all happy.

J continues on her decluttering rampage, racking up tons of awesome wifey points and generally making our home full of open space and beauty. She's really good at it. So is C. I need to spend some time on my areas, which are disgracefully pack-ratty. Soon!

New employment is going well. This week I got to select health benefits. This was somewhat challenging, since there were 24, count them *24* different health care plans available for my zip code. That doesn't count the 14 different supplemental vision and dental plans. Talk about choice overload. Thankfully, we had excel come to the rescue. Let's take a moment to give my inner geek a hug for loving spreadsheets. Also, I do feel very blessed to have so many choices - we feel like we got some good plans eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment