03 June 2013

Parenting Win!



Today I was handwashing a few dishes, and Coriel came over to see what I was doing. Then she asked if I could teach her how. I certainly wasn’t going to say no to that, so I gave her the scrubber and explained how to wash the plate. Afterward she worked on a cup that had some stuck-on goo, and I told her that sometimes you have to really, really scrub—do “epic battle” with the gunk. So there we are, me watching my daughter scrubbing dishes with relish and saying, “Arrrr, epic battle! Epic battle!” It was awesome.

In other, unrelated bric-a-brac:

If I didn’t mention it already, I have a bunch of updates on my writing blog. Also, one of the agents that I queried asked for a full copy of my manuscript! This is extremely exciting, and I’m pretty sure that after I freaked out a little, I squealed and jumped up and down a bunch. And then of course I resumed a very professional, calm demeanor that said, “Of course I expected this. I’m just that awesome.” Please note, however, that giving a full manuscript to an agent is a little like being pregnant. It takes forever for anything to happen. Also, you start feeling a little twitchy when people repeatedly ask, “So, any news yet?”/“So, have you had that baby yet?” In other words, if I have good news, believe me, I’ll share. In the meantime, feel free to not ask.

Also, let the bloodletting begin! In the ten minutes I was out in my garden this afternoon, I acquired four mosquito bites.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the agent thing... I am green with envy!!! Corielle is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete