| Tragically, this is the best lime picture that Word has. Fortunately, the post is about the smell of lime, not its appearance. |
At least that’s what I think. And not that lime juice
concentrate that you buy in the stores—it’s good enough for cooking and such,
but it’s not heaven. No, I’m talking about that spray of scent when you first
cut into a whole lime—it’s sweet and tangy and pretty much the Platonic ideal
of “fresh.” It is one of those few foods that smell better than they taste,
which is awesome because limes are already amazing to eat. But to smell them! To
cut them into quarters and take one into your hand, squeezing it to ring out
every drop you can, with the juice sticky between your fingers. Then to bring the
hand to your face to smell? Heaven.
I agree! And you can put the peels in your garbage disposal to make it smell good (better), too!
ReplyDelete