08 July 2017

Parenting and Courtship, according to the six-year-old


On the subject of parenting:

* When I have kids, I will let them build mattress forts and leave them up for a long time and sleep in them.

* I won’t make them clean their room ever. I will not give them any jobs or cleaning to do. Well ... maybe I’ll give them table jobs.

* I will let them do table jobs after bath so that they don’t have to wait to do baths. Or if they want to read or do other activities first, I will let them do that.

* I will let them stay up as late as they want so I can stay up too!

On the subject of her future husband:

* He will have to be okay with how I run the house. Before he proposes, I will make sure he doesn’t mind if I let the kids do table jobs later.

* I will make sure that he’s like me, that he likes to stay up late and parent like I do.



I’m looking forward to finding out how this all turns out for her in a couple decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment