We (the parents) recently set some goals.
For Coriel, the day is finally here. We are all at least vaguely interested in ending the diaper era. Yes, I do realize this is older than many children. Yes, I am feeling a little teensy bit defensive about it. Yes, that is largely because I feel like a slacker. C’est la vie.
For Addra, perhaps she might like to sleep a little better? That would be nice. That is our goal for her. (Her goal for herself is probably to run a marathon next year.)
My goal is weight loss. I admit this was a default goal because I wasn’t feeling particularly creative on the day we set goals. I’m only about five or six pounds off from my pre-pregnancy weight, and even if it is a little bit differently distributed these days, it would still be nice to get back to that. (But how can you expect me to lose weight when our neighbor gives us fudge?)
Brice’s goal is to finally get involved in some ground-level poverty reduction and public policy work. We’ve been planning that ever since we moved here, but what with moving and a new baby and a mood-swinging wifey, he hasn’t had the chance to do it yet. However, he’s started contacting homeless shelters and food banks to do some volunteer work, so things are moving forward.
Perhaps I’ll post again on the progress of these goals. But given my rather random approach to blogging, don’t count on it. (We might as well be realistic, after all.)
No comments:
Post a Comment