17 September 2011

Jiggedy-Jig*


The end of a vacation generally finds me cranky, sore, slightly nauseated, tired, and filled with despair at the thought of my dirty laundry. (Granted, the rest of the time generally finds me this way as well.) And that flight home: It lasts eternally. I am fairly confident that the theory of relativity should have a corollary regarding time dilation for vacation travel. And an additional corollary for travel involving small children.

However, we are indeed home again from our stay in Utah. It really was quite wonderful, but it is also hard to go back and see everyone we no longer see on a weekly (or daily) basis. We miss you all! We miss you, Seminarios, Joneses, Kummers, Marchants (two of you!), Bigelows, Masons, Camblins, Stays (the other ones), Newtons, and so many more. We miss your friendships, your children, your laughter. I miss how often you forgive me when I say stupid things, because you know (I hope) that I’m just kind of brainless sometimes but I don’t mean to be. I miss the way you make me think differently and the way we can talk about big or little things, and either way it’s fun. I miss how being around you made me a little better.

Yes, Maryland is our home now, and we are making friends here, but no one can replace you.

Now I think I shall go sit in a corner and whimper.

*Please note: No pigs (“fine” or otherwise) were purchased during the making of this blog post.**
**Please also note: The above joke can only be considered even mildly funny if you have read the same nursery rhyme about 7000 times and are under the influence of sleep deprivation.***
***Therefore: To me, it was funny. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment