29 September 2011

Linkdump


Okay, the time has come. I’ve got this pile of links or images or whatnot that I keep meaning to look at/read/burn in effigy/save forever/etc. But they’re just sitting in tabs in Firefox. Never getting done. Asking themselves existential questions like, “Why am I here? What will happen to me?” And while I love tabs (awesome invention!), perhaps 25 of them is a bit many (cursed tool of procrastination!). So I am now shifting to a new tool of procrastination and confusion: the linkdump.

Unfortunately for you, I am linkdumping on my blog.

So this is a random pile of things that I couldn’t find a better place for. My organizational skills have apparently fallen tragically short.

Oh, also, feel free not to read any of this. It’s pretty much all for me.


Really interesting information on the building of the Washington, D.C., Temple:

Some lovely bits by E.B. White, quoted in Orson Scott Card’s column (http://www.hatrack.com/osc/reviews/everything/2011-09-22.shtml):

*“I'm in love, and I'm going crazy.”
(Translation of a Boston terrier's bark)

*(About love):
And if I have not said it well,
        Or even loud enough to hear it,
That is because I cannot tell
        How much I like, how much I fear it.

*“Natural History”

The spider, dropping down from twig,
Unwinds a thread of his devising;
A thin, premeditated rig,
To use in rising.

And all the journey down through space
In cool descent, and loyal-hearted,
He builds a ladder to the place
From which he started.

Thus I, gone forth, as spiders do,
In spider’s web a truth discerning,
Attach one silken strand to you
For my returning.


Interesting thoughts on birth in the context of Christianity:

Hilarious description of the uses of common household items—for kids to learn:

The toddler miracle diet:

Haha! Now I only have 11 tabs! Success.



3 comments:

  1. Well, like you, I have bookmarked some of these to come back to when I can focus and no one is asking me questions. :-) I like the parenting article on household items, and the toddler miracle diet ROCKS! Love them! Thanks for the linkdump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and congratulations on decreasing your tabs. :)

    ReplyDelete