01 April 2012

Stream of Semiconsciousness

So I'm supposed to be writing some brilliant blog post tonight because, after all, it's Sunday and so I'm not working on my novel. But then again, I'm also not on the compy that has all my blog drafts on it. In fact, this compy doesn't even have Word on it (which explains why I'm composing this post in the blogger itself (which explains why this post has no smart quotes whatsoever (which explains, perhaps, my growing insanity))).
And I'm sick again? Did I mention I'm sick again? And even though I haven't taken my nighttime cold medicine tonight, like I did, the last two nights--which made me feel all wonky and weird, even while I was trying to stay awake to watch Sherlock Holmes--which seemed entertaining, what I got of it, although distinctly not Holmesian... Where was I? Oh yes, even though I didn't take my cold medicine, I still feel like I did. Sort of like my brain is drifting around in my head which has suddenly become much larger than it was before, which is how my brain has room to drift around in there. So my brain is drifting around, kind of unconnected from anything. And it's thinking, What in the world am I going to write tonight?
And I hear crickets chirping.
And then they chirp some more.
And some part of me wonders if--if I listened to them carefully--I could use them to gauge my internal temperature? But I'm not actually running a fever, so it's probably not terribly important.
And now, annoyingly, I have just noticed that blogger also does not automatically turn two hyphens into an em dash. But as much as this bothers me, I am most definitely NOT going to go try to find an em dash in some other post and copy and paste it here. Because that really would be obsessive, and I'm not quite that obsessive. Yet.
Okay, seriously now, I'm impressed if anyone is still reading. If you're still reading this, you must seriously love me. Or you're bored. Or you're using it to procrastinate. Or you too are only semiconscious and so I'm making some kind of sense to you.
If that last one is the case, that's unfortunate. I'm pretty sure I'm not even making sense to me anymore.
And now, to finish things up, I think I'll throw in an aardvark. Because, after all, everything is better with an aardvark.
The end.

3 comments:

  1. You are such a fantastic writer! I love your blog! I hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're sick again. Buuuut, you're hilarious! I just laughed and laughed at this post. Not the sick part, but the rest of it, you understand... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yes, everything IS better with an aardvark!

    ReplyDelete