29 April 2012

Mostly about the word "barf"

Completely lacking in desire to write anything more than I have already written today (which was a five minute letter to one of my best friends), I am totally cheater-pantsing it and mostly just posting here the letter I wrote to her. So now you can get your Jeanna news via Sariah!


Dear Sariah,

Today Addra had a fever all day. Actually, I think it started last night.* Which, now that I think of it, is not such good news for me since I slept with her a good part of the night. She wasn’t sleeping well, and so I went to go settle her into bed and then had to stay with her foreeeever. So she breathed all over me and blah blah blah. Now today she’s had a fever all day and about an hour ago she barfed all over her bed. Ah, good times.

Have I mentioned lately how grateful I am for washing machines?

But on a serious note, I’m even more grateful for my amazing hubby who held Addra as she fell asleep, held her again later for most of the day, and held her (and a bowl) while she barfed.

Have I also mentioned lately that I just think the word “barf” is way better than “vomit” or “throw up”? There’s just something so delightfully immature about saying “barf.”

Anyway, we’re planning a small trip later this week, and so I hope that Addra gets better quickly and no one else gets sick. Otherwise, three hours on a bus to NYC is probably not going to be the best plan ever. Given the need for easy access to a bathroom when you’re barfing. Ahem, I mean vomiting.

In the meantime, however, despite the short “episode,” Addra has not been particularly miserable, just a little glassy eyed and sleepy. So I’m glad of that.

It is now 9:46. My eyes are screaming at me, and I still don’t really want to go to bed. Even though I definitely should. Blech. It seems, perhaps, a bit hypocritical of me to pray not to get sick and then to stay up later than I should. Double blech. I suppose I shall go to bed soon.

I hope you are doing well and that your cutie patooties are all doing well too!

Love you,
Jeanna

*Unfortunately, I didn’t realize this meant she was sick at the time, and so I took her to church anyway. I hope no one from the nursery prays for lightning to strike our family for getting anyone else sick.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully, Addra stopped barfing, and you were able to go on your trip, and nobody else got sick. And, just don't mention that Addra was sick, and nobody will be able to pin their kids' sickness on yours... :-)

    ReplyDelete