1. It is 9:53 pm. He is being my voice of endurance, forcing me to do my writing today (which I haven't done yet, even though I'm on a month-long streak of writing every day) instead of playing WoW with him.
2. He stops me from eating too much sugar when I tell him, "I've hit my limit. Any more and I'm going to feel terrible."
3. Sometimes, on the night of a social event I've been looking forward to, I suddenly say, "Ugh, I don't want to go. It will be too long and I'll be leaving you here with the kids all alone. I don't really need to go. Waily waily waily, excuses, excuses, blah blah blah." Then he says to me, "You've been planning on this all month. You are going." And then I go. And have lots of fun.***
4. Sometimes when I want to stay up reaaaaaally late reading (which will lead to me feeling lousy the next day), he tells me I have a time limit and I'm going to be in "big trouble" if I don't go to bed by then.
5. Pretty much he acts in place of my better self when my better self has taken a vacation or is sitting on the couch watching movies instead of helping me do things that are wise and will make me happy. He helps me be far better and stronger than I otherwise would be.
What a poo, huh?
*No, I really don't think he's a poohead.
**This post was written in the horrible composer that has no smart quotes. Please ignore this terrible oversight.
***Yes, I realize that no one but me finds this to be an oversight.
****A note to Meghan: This comment did not apply to your baby shower. I was unerringly excited to go to that.
You are such a creative writer! I am entertained by you! Yep, Brice is a poo! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Melissa! Yeah, you know how Brice is since he taught Brandon for a while--always checking up and being helpful. Ptui! :)
DeleteWhat a pooey husband!!!! I only had a taste of his pooey-ness that one night :)
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for including that note, although that would be paranoid of me to assume you were referring to my shower, I may or may not have irrationally jumped to that conclusion before seeing your last line.
And yes I am reading and writing this at 5:30 am because I was just too excited from my shower to sleep any longer. That and Adam left early for Youth Conference today.
Yikes, I hope you went back to sleep! And yeah, I wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't referring to that. Mostly it's Relief Society activities, actually. :)
Delete