07 May 2012

Day One

No, my girls aren't taking the challenge.
This is just how they dress.

I recently read an article talking about a Dress Challenge: Wear a dress or skirt every day in May (yes, wise guys, this challenge is only suggested for women). I thought it sounded kinda fun, but I definitely wasn’t going to start it in New York City.

So, here we are on day 7 of May and day 1 of my very low-key attempt to take on the Dress Challenge. And here’s how it went:

Hours 1–3: In pajamas. Addra bawling because Brice left for work, because I wouldn’t feed her more marshmallows, because I moved wrong. Because I moved at all? Once she settled into my pajama-clad arms (okay, let’s be honest, I wasn’t even wearing pajamas), I wasn’t about to move and reinitiate the wailing fest.

Hour 4: Finally dressed, in a skirt no less! (Note that I didn’t mention having showered.) Spending an intermittent half hour or so searching for the leggings that I purchased for the very purpose of wearing skirts more often.

Hour 4.5: Changing clothes after Addra sat in my lap again and smeared a little poo on my skirt. Settling on the second skirt I try on.

Hour 5: Finding the leggings, finally, in the dirty laundry where Coriel must have dumped them after wearing them around the house last Wednesday. Happily wearing them.

We’re now at hour 8 or 9, and I’m still wearing the same outfit. Fingers are crossed for the rest of the day.

We’ll see if I make it to day 2.


Update: End of day, still wearing same outfit, although there was an iffy patch there for a while when I thought I might end up having to change after another poo incident that I am not finding very funny. Maybe it’ll be funny in another day or two.

1 comment:

  1. Cute picture , and funny post, I can relate to the poo - I once realized I had been wandering around in public all day long, with poo, pee, and leaky milk stains .... Sounds like a fun (and definitely) challenge - I need to make some dresses ....

    ReplyDelete