11 May 2012

Days Three and Four

Day 3 almost didn’t happen.

I stood in front of my closet.

Where’s my green skirt? In the dirty laundry (it’s the one that got pooped on; no, I still hadn’t washed it).

Day 3
There’s my blue flowery skirt, that’s cute. But it’s really too dressy for everyday wear.

Oh, there’s my black and red skirt. That will be perfect! Wait, where’s my black shirt that goes with it? Dirty. My other black shirt? Dirty. My red shirt? Dirty. My white shirt? … I don’t have one of those. Wait a minute, I have a different red shirt, don’t I? The one that came with the dress? It’s in the mending basket that I never get to. Ever. What about my other other red shirt? The reds don’t match.

Okaaaaay. Finally, after some ridiculous amount of time spent angsting over clothing, I found something to wear. Hoorah!

And then, later that night, I spread mulch in it. Mulch that smells a lot like manure. I mean, a lot. Actually, aside from the smell, that part was fun. There was something interesting about doing yardwork in a dress. Very different, very strange.

***

Day 4
Day 4 was easy enough since on day 3 we also did some laundry. I decided, though, that after yesterday I wasn’t going to be doing yardwork in a dress. So I changed for a while so that we could plant some wonderful stuff in our garden. This year we’re trying corn! Good times.

***

Day 5 is today. I’m still in bed. So… I guess we’ll see.

For now, though, I will say it’s been fun. Except for the finding-clothing insanity. But I do actually feel a teensy bit cuter. Sometimes, anyway, when I’m not covered in poo mulch. And there has been a bit more dancing around the house. Of course, this isn’t a particularly controlled experiment, and we’ve been listening to a bit more music too, so that could be causing the dancing.

And now I must away to the closet! I’ll leave you with a bit of cuteness.


Coriel took this picture. Awesome, right?

Coriel also took this one. This is the original orientation.

1 comment:

  1. Every day H asks when she can see Coriel again. Thanks for taking the time out to come and visit; we love your family!

    ReplyDelete