21 October 2012

Field Trip

On the 12th, Coriel and I went together on her very first field trip. She was very excited about it, and I was too actually. I was excited to go get to hang out with my sweet daughter and just focus on her (well, and on pumpkins) (and on her as a pumpkin!).

There were some wacky gourds there, including gooseneck gourds, birdhouse gourds (go look it up—and then imagine a little girl Coriel’s age saying, “This one looks just like my father!” Everyone thought it was hilarious, possibly except for her father.), and the ones below.





Peanut gourds.

Apple gourds. (Although I think they look like a cross between apples and watermelon.)

Paying rapt attention. Here’s something I noticed: Coriel can be very loud and energetic and bouncing off the walls at home, but she was remarkably quiet and focused while the gourd man was talking and while we looked around the farm.


She got to pet the bunny and look at a bunch of other animals.


Did you know a male donkey is called a jack and a female is called a jenny?

Curse that obnoxious strand of hair. But even with ridiculous hairdos, we had a fun time on the hayride.

I have to confess I was slightly disappointed to discover that “picking pumpkins” entailed just grabbing ones that had been scattered around a field, already cut off. But Coriel was pretty jazzed about it, jazzed enough for both of us.

Good times were had by all!
Now, just for the record, I will mention that once again blogger defeats me and my attempts at pretty formatting. It is a sign of just how fully it has defeated me that I only spent about 15 seconds on it before giving up completely. Sigh. How the mighty have fallen.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha "This one looks just like my father."

    oh coriel. how i love thee.

    cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stuff, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete