If
you haven’t already noticed a leaning toward “fancy” around our house, then…
well, I don’t have a “then.” But by now it should be obvious that Coriel
particularly likes doing fancy things. The latest was a need for trying out
face masks. So I asked my awesome sister who’s all about natural stuff for a
recipe for a good face mask for little girls.
Here’s
the one she gave me that we tried:
Strawberry
Oatmeal Facial Mask*
- 3 Tbsp whole, organic oats
- 3 strawberries
- 1-1/2 Tbsp full-fat, unsweetened yogurt or sour cream
- 1 Tbsp honey
Place your oats in a small food
processor or blender and turn it on, letting it run until the oats have turned
into a fine powder. Then, add in the other ingredients and continue to blend
until you have a thick paste. Apply half of this paste to your clean face
and then eat the other half. Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes, and then
rinse well with warm water, scrubbing the mask off gently with a washcloth.
This mask should be used immediately
upon making it, and will not keep more than 2 days in the refrigerator.
And
the results? The girls didn’t like eating it, and Brice and I thought it was
okay but nothing amazing. Coriel had fun getting it slathered on, but after a
few minute she wanted it washed off again (which was what I expected). I found
it quite cool and refreshing. Brice was a super good sport and did a “manly”
look for his. Addra would barely touch the stuff.
*From a site
called crunchybetty.com
| Had to do cucumbers to get the full effect. |
| What could be more manly than warpaint and a monocle? Nothing. |
Thanks for the review! Love the pictures. Especially the one of all three of you laying down with cucumbers on your eyes. Oh, except Addra who is EATING hers! :-) Made us all laugh!
ReplyDeleteYes, I loved that we got a shot of Addra eating her cucumbers. She sort of ended up nibbling on most of the cucumbers. She was very happy to eat them, but not so happy to have them on her eyes. And can I say I don't blame her, cucumbers on the eyes are COLD!
Delete