03 February 2013

Date Night



Last month we had our first parent-daughter date night of the year. The goal (subject to change, spazziness, or both) is to have one each month. For January I got Coriel and Brice got Addra. For February we’ll switch. I’ll see if I can keep you updated, but let’s be honest… I won’t.

That being said, here’s what Coriel and I did for our date night. First, we got all fancied up. Fasten your seatbelts, people. I have news. I bought… (drum roll, please)… a curling iron. Yes, I now own a curling iron. And I proceeded to use it, to not terrible effect, on my daughter’s hair. We did her hair, her makeup, my hair and makeup, and our nails. After we got all fancy, we went out to dinner at a fancy restaurant, AKA the silver diner that she always wants to eat at. It was such fun. Plus, there was something so lovely about just focusing on her and not worrying about getting anything done or doing anything specific.

Drawing people in spaceships
Brice and Addra went over to our neighbor’s house to play with her cat (joy for Addra!) and then went out grocery shopping together.

I’m looking forward to getting to do something fun with Addra this month, and I know Coriel will be thrilled to find out what Brice has in store for her, whatever it is. Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. I love the parent/child date-night concept. Coriel's hair does look beautiful and I'm sure she had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You both look beautiful and extra fancy!!!

    ReplyDelete