It
turns out that, for me, making a cake from scratch is a terrible idea.
Especially when it requires beaten egg whites and your electric hand mixer has
died peacefully in its sleep. And when you have just cooked some meatballs that
were apparently past their prime, thus making everything taste (to me, anyway)
like slightly-off ground beef. Also, I used about every bowl in the entire house.
And the cake tasted gross. Thank you very much, next time we’ll use a box.
Sorry to everyone who thinks that making an awesome cake is a lost art.
It
is.
On
the upside, they had so much fun frosting it, and it was very cute, and they
also enjoyed eating it. The frosting, at least. I’m glad we did it, despite my
curmudgeonliness. It was good to do something Coriel was so excited about, and we’ll
definitely do it again (with a box).
*Super good article here. We have incorporated the phrase “drop of awesome” into our family lexicon.
| I just had to include this because this is what happens when you spill a bowl of watered-down chocolate frosting. It looks like the scene of a crime. |
This calls for several drips, I mean drops of awesomeness
ReplyDeleteStarting now, drops of awesomeness is incorporated in our family as well! What a great reminder. Thanks, Jeanna! You are full of awesomeness!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Marno! You are full of awesomeness too.
DeleteOh, and LOVE the cake!
ReplyDelete