There
comes a point in the life of a blogger like me when you have two choices:
Either you can be completely overwhelmed by your spazzy slackerliness and how
far behind you are on all the important stuff you meant to post—overwhelmed to
the point of saying, “Why bother? I give up?” Or you can admit defeat, accept
that you will never catch up on the newsy, interesting, or thoughtful stuff you’ve
been meaning to post. And then you can post whatever first springs to mind.
And
that there is my plan.
Sooo…
It
is a Sunday morning, 7:43 a.m. Everyone is still in bed, asleep, except for me.
I have been up since 6:02, when I woke up to the sound of my nose honking.
Seriously. Honking. I tried not to wake Brice up with either my laughter or my
honking, and I went to the bathroom to blow my nose. Well, I got rid of the
honking, but I can still not breathe through my nose at all. Ah, I look forward
to the day I can do so again. Until then, I shall be grateful that God gave us
mouths to breathe through as well.
I
tried to go back to bed, but what with not being able to breathe well,
coughing, and snorting, I left again. Brice is on some medication right now
that he can only take at night because it makes him loopy and sleep.
Considering that the night before, he let me sleep for twelve hours straight
when I was on cold medicine, I thought I should be at least somewhat
considerate and not wake him.
So
here I am, out on the couch, typing away. Can I mention, as a side note, that I
am so grateful for laptops? Awesome invention.
Anyway,
the girls are asleep as well, and I can only hope it lasts for a while yet.
Last night was a spaghetti dinner at the church and a dessert auction. It
probably doesn’t need to be said that we returned home with far too much sugar
both in reserve for the next day and in our stomachs. So eventually they sugar-crashed.
There’s
something lovely about being the only one up. It reminds me of Christmas
morning—the magic of the light and the shadow, the stillness of the air, the
way everything is faintly blue. It makes the world seem filled with infinite
possibility. Which I suppose it sort of is, so maybe I should feel this magic
all the time.
I
think that’s about as philosophical as I can get this morning. I must revert to
mundanities. (Please note: Microsoft Word does not recognize “mundanities” as a
word. But I really don’t think “mendacities” is an appropriate substitute.)
This
week Coriel wants to be a ninja and a nurse. We recently read a biography of
Florence Nightingale (surprisingly fun for my anti-history brain!), and Coriel
has been testing her nursing skills on all of us. I’m not sure where the ninja
thing came from, maybe from The Magic Tree House series, in which one of the
books has some very quiet ninjas. I think I shall try to emphasize this “quietness”
aspect to ninjas.
Addra
continues, quite regularly, to be a kitty. When she wakes up in the morning she
crawls into my room on her cute little paws. Then she sits up and meows. As
Addra’s kitty trainer, Coriel has taught her several tricks, especially how to
beg and roll over. Then she gets imaginary treats.
Did
I mention that Brice is on medication? His back has been hurting quite a bit
lately, and he got himself to the doctor, who prescribed some muscle relaxant
and pain killer to help his back relax enough to fix itself. It seems to be
helping. Hooray! My poor husband has been hobbling, so this is good.
And
me, I’ve been getting all wacky gung-ho about homeschooling (what?!?! you ask;
yes, homeschooling; I promise to update you about this at some point. of
course, considering how much stuff I haven’t been blogging lately, that may be
an outright lie). And occasionally doing some of my writing. But more
frequently avoiding it in lots of random ways.
Oh,
also I reorganized the living room (again). I think this one might stick for a
while. I’m liking it fairly well. And did I mention we finally have a central
overhead light in the living room? Woot! And I reorganized the conservatory (aka
the third bedroom) so it stopped looking like the local dump and started
looking more like a place to learn and be creative and such. That was also a
Woot! Yes, exciting times. Exciting times.
Hey,
look at that! It turned into a sort-of update after all. Amazing. Now I’ll see
if I can dump some random pictures in here, and we’ll be all set!
| Eating microwave s'mores |
| More s'mores |
| You only wish you had my morning hair. |
| Baby hat I crocheted for friend Meghan to use as photography prop |
| Aviator hat to go with the other one (not to be confused with a crazy monster hat) |
| Coriel designed this photo and took it herself. Pretty great, huh? |
| Along with being a ninja, a nurse, and a photographer, she's also a fashionista. This outfit was self-chosen. |
Oh jeanna. I love you. What a cute little face Brice gets to wake up to every morning!
ReplyDeleteThe fashion world better prepare itself for Coriel, the fashionista! What style, such poise, and let's not forget that ADORABLE dimple! Of course, how could they help but be absolutely and utterly enthralled with her when she has come from such a completely adorable mom! I mean really, who looks that good first thing in the morning? You, apparently. :) Love you tons!
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is "Win for me!" Jeanna, you're amazing and beautiful and full of magic!
ReplyDelete