21 April 2013

The Epic Mega-Tent and Some Other Stuff from March and April



The Epic Mega-Tent 
It started out as just a little thing, a few poles with a sheet draped over it. Then Coriel wanted it bigger. Then I wanted it bigger! Then I wanted it epic, just for kicks. It ended up spreading over probably half our living room. My only regret was that I’m just too big to really squirm under the coffee table very well.





Sleepover
Coriel recently got the idea that every sleepover involved a couple very specific things (thank you, My Little Pony). So when Brice left to go help out his sister for a couple days, we decided it was time to have a girls’ night sleepover. Here’s what it involved: S’mores. A pillow fight. Face mask (happily, I avoided that one this time by saying it was too late and quickly distracting her). Ghost stories (this one was tricky because Coriel was determined that they had to be scary, but Addra was too… scared; I finally managed to get around that by having friendly Casper and his scary uncles in there). And then sleeping together out in the living room.

I love my girls. I don’t generally like to sleep with them now that they’re old enough not to need it. And now that I’m used to having a little more space again. Oh, and since I like being comfy when I sleep. But every once in a while, it’s lovely to feel their warm little bodies all snuggled up to me (on the futon mattresses we dragged into the living room so it was comfy-ish). I feel like the center of the world, just for a few minutes, as I can sense how much it comforts them just to have me there. It’s nice to be the center of someone’s world occasionally.
 
Orange Ice Cream
Brice made it. It was tasty. The end.




Other Stuff
And now for some other assorted photos. Enjoy!
Parents make excellent vehicles.

They seem to love gathering under umbrellas.

Just having fun squishing my daughter.

More vehicling. Also notice the bag around Brice's neck. It's a feedbag.

Wearing the big hat lends toward her air of mystery.

Waif.

This is what the conservatory generally looks like (until I conquered
the mess! ha ha!). The cute children are still around, though.

Coriel making a cute picture of herself.

This one day when Addra was really, really (really!) tired.
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the feedbag. Your kids are so creative! I wonder where they get it from...?

    ReplyDelete