In case you haven’t been catching the random cuteness that
is my children on Facebook lately, here are a few random items from the last
couple weeks that have been quite enjoyable.
*
Coriel is enjoying lately how words are put together, and
she likes to try out new things. Here’s an example: One night she was trying to
lie on Brice (mostly by smooshing him) and saying, “Let me see if you are
lie-able.”
*
Addra told me one day, “I am going to eat your head. Then
you would have no head.” Then she paused, as if really considering the issues
with having no head. “But that would be bad because you would have to go to the
doctor.”
*
Similarly, she told Brice that she was going to eat him: “I am going to eat your head on a sandwich with jellies.”
Brice: And what else?
Addra: Grapes and oranges and
eyeballs. And lots of jellies. (Then she
pretended to pluck out all our eyes and put them on her sandwich.)
*
When asked what her yellow rice
tasted like, Addra replied with something that sounded a lot like, “Starlight.”
*
Okay, now for just a little bit of
bragfest: Coriel is totally jetting on reading. Earlier this week she
came to me and told me she was almost finished reading Sky the Blue Fairy (it’s a maybe first/second grade chapter book). I
didn’t even know she’d started it. She’d just been sitting on her own, quietly
doing whatever she wanted for the last hour or so—and that was apparently what
she’d been doing! It’s so much fun to watch her be so into reading.
I had to share the picture of me and my big sister M somewhere, because I think this is such a cute picture of us. Plus, when I look at Addra I occasionally catch this major glimpse of similarity between the two of us. Here is a place where I think that shows.
*
I discovered a new eight-letter, each finger word: BIPLANES! Hoorah!
*
The picture of the girls on this post is one my friend Meghan took for us one day just for fun (I can’t decide if I like the color or b&w better, so I posted both). It’s what happens when
they get going on the dress-ups. Coriel dresses up as a pirate ninja, and Addra
dresses as a fairy queen. It should be noted that there is something so perfect
about these choices for their personalities at present. Coriel is all about
feisty and heroic; Addra is much more about refinement and power. (Also, I believe that Addra’s expression here is her “fancy” face.) Give Coriel a
crown, and she’ll become a princess—probably one who will dress up very fancy
and then have to defeat a dragon. Give Addra a crown, and she will be a queen—and
we will all become her servants and have to bow to her every whim. (This
princess/queen dichotomy has actually happened with them on numerous occasions;
I joke that Coriel knows which person gets to accessorize, and Addra just knows
who rules the kingdom.)
*
And they all lived happily ever after. The End.


No comments:
Post a Comment