01 June 2014

Fortune Cookie (and Other Oddments)

It’s that time again, that time when I write a whole bunch of random bits that have no relationship to one another. They also correlate with the size of my current attention span for blog topics—which is to say, short.

A while back, I got this fortune from a fortune cookie. I really like getting fortunes like these because they just feel like the universe laughing and I think probably the universe deserves a good chuckle once in a while.



Addra drew this portrait of me, and I think it’s the best picture of me EVER. Please note my awesome high heels. You only wish you could have high heels as cool as mine. (The drawing to the left was her first effort, which she was not happy with.)
 


 

I am officially due to have a baby next month. I am kind of all-around freaking out, but oh my goodness I will be so glad to not have all this wretched soreness. I mean, I’m happy to have a healthy baby and all that jazz, but I also kind of enjoy walking painlessly occasionally. Also, recently I’ve been going through some old family photos and I really look forward to having a (semi)visible waistline again someday.


As of today, 1 June, I am taking part in a 100 words for 100 days challenge. This is good because I haven’t been writing a lot lately and I could use a kick in the pants. I am, however, going to give myself a pass for the baby’s birthday.


Also speaking of the baby, we still have no name for him. I’m still going with He Who Shall Not Be Named, partially because now Coriel has caught onto that and loves calling him that.

Addra has a whole beautiful closet and several drawers full of wonderful, cute clothing. . . . She will only wear three outfits. She often wears at least two of them in one day, with her sister wearing the third one. When she does not get to wear one of these outfits every single day, suffering ensues. I am usually the one suffering. I am sincerely hoping this phase passes soon before one of us explodes. 

Add a skirt to either of these leotards (only two possible skirts,
though), and you have all of Addra's choices for outfits except one, her
"Hawaiian ninja" dress--which is really a sailor dress. Technically
I suppose that's more than three outfits.

Also, as always, I occasionally post at MMW and CalloohCallay Callay, but I don’t really bother to mention it here. So if you’re interested, go follow those blogs too. :)

And that’s it for now.
 

1 comment:

  1. I understand. I wish I could offer hope: My son Mike would only wear one pair of pants. Only the blue jeans. STILL the only kind of pants he wears (except for an occasional wedding or church meeting): thank goodness Google doesn't care. . . .

    ReplyDelete