Hey, remember when we totally redid the girls' bedroom for Coriel's eighth birthday? Well, I'm finally posting some pics. I don't currently have the "before" pics because that would have required me remembering to take some (my lovely sister D took some, but she's got them, not me). If I get them, I'll try to remember to add them here.
For now, here are the "after" pics. And when I say "after," I mean right after. Because within an hour or two, it was kinda messy, and it just has not been the same since. :)
 |
| Note the tie fighter hanging over the bed. Also, my sister K insisted she had to put those cute stripes of purple/blue around the bed because the previous color clashed. I mocked her for her efforts, because they would be only temporary (it's construction paper, and it's mostly gone by now), but she was right. It did look much better. |
 |
| Sister D made the cute curtains. she helped me learn to make the two bulletin boards hanging above the blue chair. |
 |
| See how beautiful and neat those shelves look? Sigh. Now they look a little like a junkyard. |
 |
| Our artwork isn't actually finished, but I'll get around to it someday. The girls and I did these together. |
 |
| One of my awesomest ideas ever, brought to life by the sewing sister D again. It's a bedcave! The little curtains can be taken down (they're velcroed up), and they can also be closed so that there's a little cave area under the bed. Good times. |
 |
| I'm pretty sure every home decor show ever has the scene where you recover a bench or chair or something, and it's "just so easy!" So I decided I had to give it a try. This bench used to be a polka-dotted red, and now it's a lovely gray/white zigzag. It wasn't as easy as it sounded, but it was still not too hard. Thanks again to D, who found the perfect fabric and helped do it. She was just awesome in this process overall, and I wouldn't have been able to get it done without her and K helping me. |
 |
| Doesn't it look so nice and bright and clean and uncluttered? |
 |
| The awesome sister who helped make it better than it would have been without her. |
 |
| Coriel being very excited about it. |
 |
| Okay, it's a blurry picture, but it's still fun! |
 |
| Because obviously tables are for standing on. |
 |
| The bedcave curtains closed. |
This is awesome! I love everything especially the tie fighter and the bed cave!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Coriel got the tie fighter as a model for her birthday. She was very excited.
DeleteYay!! !!!!! Tie Fighter! !!! Star Wars! !!!!! Rooms! !!!
ReplyDelete(This was Coriel's comment.)
Love! I especially like the bed cave. I want one of those! Who doesn't want one of those?
ReplyDeleteSeriously!
Delete