13 February 2017

Spindles, baby exercises

The kids and I are reading Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George, and there is discussion in it of carding and spinning, so we watched some YouTube videos about that. Then we watched one about spinning wheels, and I kept waiting to see something that Sleeping Beauty could have pricked her finger on. Alas, there was nothing.

So then we looked at the Perrault text of the story and discovered it mentions a spindle but no wheel! It was a drop spindle! Oh, Disney. The shame of it all.


In other news, every time I've had a baby, I've thought someone should invent a workout routine that uses the baby as the weights. Today I discovered one! Too bad my baby is now too wiggly and too heavy to use effectively for very long.

http://www.realsimple.com/health/fitness-exercise/workouts/too-tired-too-busy-too-bored-work-out/new-baby-strength-training-routine

1 comment:

  1. A drop spindle! WHAT? Now I want to know why? Why would Disney change that? Nice research! And one day, your kids are going to share that information with someone/s and they'll be sooo impressed! Or they'll say, "What's a drop spindle?" And then your kids can explain it to them! heehee

    ReplyDelete