A few weeks ago, we went to a carnival here in Maryland. Coriel and Brice rode on things (well, mostly Coriel), and I tried not to melt. Then, the next weekend, we had our ward carnival, for which I made balloon animals. I was practicing for a while beforehand, but I sure did learn a lot about what it takes to do balloon animals in a time crunch. Actually, I hope I get the experience again some time because it was really fun and I think the kids liked it. Maybe I’ll have to become a street performer at the local festivals and such. Yeah, right.
I shall now proceed to post a plethora of pictures.
 |
| Some of our amazing harvest a while back |
 |
| The mutant cucumber |
 |
| Addra looooves to eat pretty much everything. |
 |
| Doing big girl hairstyles with her Aunt Dawnerhead |
 |
| At the carnival, playing one of the games |
 |
| "Look at this awesome stuff I won!" |
 |
| The banana slide Coriel and Brice went on about a million times |
 |
| Yes, those are fried Oreos. What's a carnival without disgusting carnival food? |
 |
"This is my lovely bride." (Yes, that is a direct quote from my sweet daughter.
You can tell she's the boy because she's wearing the boy hat. Her bride is wearing the girl hat.) |
 |
| Preparing for a carnival ride |
 |
| It's a teddy bear, in case you were wondering. |
 |
| More carnival rides |
 |
This girl loves to dress up. Sometimes she goes through seven or
eight outfits a day. (I try not to throw a temper tantrum.) |
 |
| Ward carnival--the watermelon-eating contest. Sadly, Brice did not win. |
 |
| Some of my practice balloons |
 |
What I really love about this picture? It looks like Addra's upper
body has just completely disappeared. |
 |
| Brice's manly pizza. There's another full layer of pepperoni beneath that cheese. |
 |
| Taking care of her baby, carrying it around just like her mommy |
 |
| Ignore the clutter. Focus on the adorable child. |
 |
| Face painting day. Coriel drew these lovely people on me. |
 |
| It's a monkey. In a tree. |
No comments:
Post a Comment