04 October 2011

The Countdown

Today is 4 October, T minus 28 days until… NaNoWriMo (http://www.nanowrimo.org/)!

If I ever want to achieve that lofty aspiration of being a published novelist, I have to someday actually finish a novel. And judging from the pile of partial blog entries on my compy, finishing is not something at which I excel.

So this year, I’m really serious. I am going to finish a novel in November. Really really. It will only be the first draft, of course, and then that draft may sit on my virtual shelf, gathering virtual dust bunnies, until the end of world. But at least it’s a start.

That means that in one month, there will be radio … er, blog … silence. Except I might try to post my numbers (the goal is 50,000 words in one month) just as a little impetus to keep up. A new friend from my ward is going joining me in this crazy endeavor, and that will be good too. Everyone needs a running partner, you know.

If any of you out there are also aspiring novelists, you should join NaNoWriMo too! Comment here, and I’ll make sure to pester you all through the rest of October and November to keep you going on preparing and then actually writing your novel.

Now imagine me doing some sort of ridiculous cheerleading bit, complete with rhymes and spelling out “NaNoWriMo” with my arms and legs. Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. i really like the cheerleading image.
    i do believe that's what will get me through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good. I like to do what I can to aid the cause.

    ReplyDelete