31 October 2011

Here we go!


Since I won’t be writing much on my blog during the month of November, I thought I’d tell you a bit about what I will be doing. And the answer? Pretty much typing like mad, just not on the internet. Into a tiny, but quickly growing, little document on my computer. It will be full of typos and terrible grammar. It will not be edited at all. I hope it will make some sense, but that may not always be the case.

Now, I will occasionally make some forays into the world of the blog. Probably to post my word counts. Maybe to say hello if my brain is about to melt (although if my brain is about to melt from writing a novel, I probably won’t take a break to write a blog post).

My preferred goals for word count, btw, are as follows: 2500 words per day, six days per week, so I can finish early (or, more realistically, so that I can aim for that goal, not accomplish it, but still finish by the end of the month).

Along with all this writing, I will be cashing in every single good wifey point I have ever earned while Brice racks up endless good hubby points as he watches our kids so I can write. There will be great imbalance in the ranks of spousey-ness.

And now for the bigger question: What should you do during this terrible month in which you do not have my charming, scintillating, fascinating blog posts ever at your fingertips? Never fear, I have several solutions for you:

*Read the blog of someone else who is completely fabulous. My top suggestions are Shannon Hale (http://oinks.squeetus.com/), LDS birth stories (http://thegiftofgivinglife.com/), Women in the Scriptures (http://womeninthescriptures.blogspot.com/), and—if you’re from my old Taylorsville ward—Michelle Marchant, Sharon Seminario, Jana Jeppson, and Melissa Jones (did I miss anyone whose blog I don’t know about?). Or, if you’re in my foo, Marno’s blog (is there anyone else in our foo who regularly blogs that I don’t know about?).

*Spend all your hard-earned cash buying photographs from my writing buddy Meghan, who is also an awesome photographer: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mrosephotos. You should do this not only because then you will have gorgeous artwork but also because then she can support her writing habit.

*Write a book. Or a play. Or an epic poem. Or a limerick. Or, at the very least, a haiku. It’s good for the soul.

*While away countless hours simply staring at pictures of my family because they’re so stinking cute.

*And, of course, eat waaaaay too much turkey (or, if you’re my brother who finds turkey to be “slimy,” eat some other meaty goodness of your choice).

And I’ll see you again in December!
This picture reminds us of the monkey Steve in
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, when he's trying to grab
Flint's dad's mustache. ... Just believe me on this.

You'll never pay the rent on time!!!

Brice is even happier about our train set than our children are.

Postbath hair.


Have you noticed how many of Addra's pictures involve
food? We have a standard joke around our house:
Jeanna says: "Do you think Addra will eat it?"
And Brice says: "Is it a noun?"

Ferocious tiger.


Don't be fresh with me, young man!




Lovin' on the Opa.


More lovin' on the Opa.




My hero! (Please note the foot in the air as she kisses him.)

1 comment: