14 October 2011

Five Things for Friday


Sooo… An amazing and beautiful blog I discovered* (EEK! I’ve started following way too many blogs!) does this random “five things for Friday” bit. And I thought, “Neato frito! This is a good way to get back to blogging again without committing to a single topic! Rah!” (Tragically, many of my thoughts sound suspiciously like cheerleaders and involve far too many exclamation points.) And without further ado…

1.
Happy Friday the 13th that falls on a 14th! As long as the date is close, I strongly recommend approximations and rounding when it comes to celebrating random events. (For example, why only celebrate one Ides of March when you could celebrate a week? Or did you know that every month has an ides (and it’s not always the 15th)? You could celebrate them all.)

2.
I am sort of freaking out for my NaNoWriMo coming up. I have my general story idea, some characters and such, but I am stuck. And I only have 17 days left to figure it out. The panic is beginning to mount. I’m glad that my friend Meghan is doing NaNoWriMo with me, because then I at least know that someone else is probably somewhat freaking out too. Despite the craziness, though, I am also very excited. I have been meaning to write for years, but I never manage to get around to it. And it really is important to me. Blogging has helped with that a bit, but it’s not enough. So, deep breath, and back to more planning (and attempting to get past the writer’s block that looks more like the Great Wall of China).

3.
The haircut. I sort of have an entire blog post in my brain devoted to this subject. But for now, I’ll be brief. Let us sum it up in one word: short. I’d post pictures, but my sister has them, and I’m too lazy to take more.

4.
Last week was our “annual” (more like triennial) sisters’ trip. We couldn’t get very many of us together this year, and we missed all of the beautiful women in the foo who couldn’t come, but it was still sheer delight (all except for the parts that were sheer torture—it was three sisters all together, after all). What did we do? We shopped, ate, watched movies, made jewelry, shopped some more, ate some more, watched some more movies, went to the temple, ate some more, and went on a “hike.” Did I mention movies? Oh, and we worked on completing unfinished projects (some of us were more successful than others at the “completing” part). And what, you ask, were my daughters doing the whole time? Hanging out with the most awesome husband ever. That’s right, while I was playing with my sisters, Brice was taking time off from work and taking care of the kiddos. Did I mention that he’s awesome? Awesome.

5. 
The daughters continue to be adorable.

Addra’s favorite activities lately are putting toys back in their boxes (WIN!), pulling down books from the bookshelves (less WIN), and eating pretty much everything. Last night we had taco soup, with beans, ground beef, corn, tomato, and onion in it. Our one-year-old ate significantly more of it than our three-year-old. She just loves to eat. She also has this smile that involves her whole face (including all eight teeth); her nose crinkles and her eyes squint and you just have to smile back. At this very moment she is nibbling a carrot from our garden and looking up at me smiling. *Happy sigh.* She isn’t walking yet, but she’s starting to stand a bit without support.

Coriel’s favorite activities lately are writing and typing letters and words. There are letters all over every paper surface these days. She especially loves asking how to type all of our names (she just needs me to spell them out, and she can find most of them on the keyboard). She still hasn’t learned some of the less common letters, but she’s learning more every day. Coriel also loves playing with just about anything. I know many kids get devoted to just one thing, but she has never been that way for very long. She likes just about everything (well, except for food).

Well, that concludes my five things. Thanks for tuning in.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I always laugh, and I'm going to miss you for your NaNoWriMo. Can't wait to see your hair! LOVE your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not freaking out....


    i'm scared out of my mind.
    i haven't done much in a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete